Monday, March 10, 2008

Holy Knights of Columbus!!

Its March which is my favorite time of the year as it signals the start of the racing season. This happens to be my favorite time of the year because it is full of so much joy, good tidings, and mirth. (Ed. Note: paraphrased comment from my old landlord regarding Thanksgiving and the Holiday season.)

It is also a start to the concert season. Since I've been out of the concert loop for awhile I thought I'd go drop into a show with buddies Neal and Fred. Heading out of town we saw two kids dressed up in Teddy Bear and Jar Jar Binks costumes rocking out to their iPods on the street corner. A solid start to the night. I can't print the the band's name, which you will figure out, but they were freaking awesome!





On the way home we got to see a little chase scene action ala COPS style. Kids run red light, try to ditch cops by turning into a parking lot. Cops aren't fooled. Kids jump out of car, one hand holding their pants up, the other holding their beers. They ditch the car, run through the intersection and proceed to get nabbed in the alleyway. Crazy.

Not bad for my first night in Denver.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CODY!!! I'm going to Boulder with Alie and Amy!! Will you be there????????

Michael Cody said...

Oh yeah, you bet Oli! It'll be a big party! Can't wait for you to get out here. Bring aspirin it'll help with the altitude.

Anonymous said...

Oh come now- I'm Chilean! I practically grew up in the mountains. Well not really, but I will take aspirin in case I run into a hangover...

Michael Cody said...

haha, crap, I forgot! Hangovers? Oh yeah, that might help.