Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cool Runnings Chapel Hill


Questions only time will answer and explanations we may never hear or understand.

I sent my sister a text message today, asking her to call me, not sure why, just felt right. I called Mom minutes later. She said hello and I knew something was up. She had just gotten off the phone with my sister. Apparently there was an incident late last night and my sister's friend was gunned down. Details withheld, its scary.

In a time when school shootings are eclipsing Ugg boots as the en vogue campus fad I fear for my predecessors on American campuses.

To think about what makes me angry is shifted towards the cause of anger that would drive someone to do something so brutal.

Pondering causes won't suppress feelings, only appreciating everyone in my life, making chances count will keep me moving.

1 comment:

Don said...

oh man, this is just hard to process. my condolences to your sister, i hope she's doing okay.