Monday, April 6, 2009

Useful Book

(Ironic use of a text book.)

Three weeks ago I thought to myself what an uneventful end to the skiing season. Temperature in the mountains had been in the 50's and 60's with rain, while the front range enjoyed June like conditions on the trails with dust in the corners and super dry roads. Most welcomed the spring while I lusted for my winter again.

This has been my first winter in 8 years effectively as I eschewed winter sports in favor of the narrow tires, and perhaps narrow mind, of a road bike. The passion for achievement and mind bending desire to make the next step consumed me and kept me from some diverse adventures. It may sound like I lament the decision, but I do not. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything in the world. Everything you do is benefical to your life and character. Humble in victory and proud in defeat, relishing the opportunity to improve and expand, while honing your goal(s) in life.

So as the storms rolled back through the mountains, dumping feet upon moist flakey feet of spring snow upon us, I grew giddy awaiting the next opportunity to drive my skis through the snow with my body's weight held in the balance by the 5mm steel ski edge. Passing the time preparing for the next adventure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: