Monday, June 2, 2008

Growing Old

I'm not old, and neither is my sister, but we will be, someday.

It was a fantastic Memorial week in Whitehouse Station, NJ, my parents new home. My sister and I have been chatting about getting the bocce and croquet games going on our parents 5 acre lawn. The hat Christina is sporting was purchased specifically for the croquet, for $4. She also purchased me a wonderful pair of white linen cotton slacks. We were on good form for the game.

My grandmother grabbed my shades from me for a moment to pose for the camera. She is adorable.

It has been far too long since I have last seen my grandparents and they aren't getting younger. Both of them are 87ish, but you really wouldn't know they were that old. As a result of being exposed to the efficacy of the old adage "you are only as old as you feel," I have confirmed my belief that age is inconsequential. My parents, no idea how old they are either.

They are just so damn cute too, I want to just pick them up and put them in my pocket.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment: