Friday, July 16, 2010

My three favorite townie bikes and why...

These are three of my favorite bike platforms out there right now, Republic, Swobo, and Globe.

I know Republic doesn't run through Independent Bicycle Dealers so they tend to catch some heat. But at $400 it is a great platform to get people onto bikes. Riding the the coat tails of the fixed gear hipster scene to gain popularity and offering customizable color schemes, engaging the consumer and giving them control over their bike is a great offering.

Swobo and Globe both run through traditional bike dealers offering simple and well designed bikes with the ability to personalize them. They look rad and their useful.

Aesthetically I think what I like the best is the lack of billboard logos. Its says anonymous, but ask me about my bike anyway.

Posted via email from michaelcody's posterous

No comments: