Sunday, September 13, 2009

Its Smells Like Fall and Soup

Which is too say its damp, cloudy, and cold in Colorado.

Saturday was spent creeping through clouds at 8,000 feet with Tom on a trail I've never ridden getting pelted with rain and generally loving it. Definitely the east coast kid in me. Rain and 37'F sure, that's normal.

Clouds broke Sunday mid-day enough to cheer the cross racers on and squeeze in a road ride. Dinner and a concert to follow.

Enough for a great weekend.

But I long for a damp dark road in Somewheresville, VT-MA. Climbing in absolute silence. The only way possible while riding through the
fog. I miss the cheers of friends as we slip, slide, and dart through yellow tape at a cross race. Yearning for the Sunday ruckus with great
friends, exquisite food, and warm hearts.

Everytime I relive that cross season I smell an autumn Sunday, soup, and the warmth of friends.

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from michaelcody's posterous

No comments: