Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Hour(s)

I managed to catch up with a friend the other night for a happy hour drink and burger, $5 burger mind you, at The Attic's all day happy hour. So its not really happy hour and I don't think the beers were discounted either, but any burger on the menu for $5 is a deal.

Catching the end of happy hour at 6:30 is impressive considering I've worked until that time for the last three years, taking the evening shift while spending the mornings training in my previous occupation of professional cyclist. I haven't really switched out of that time frame as I moved on from cycling for multiple reasons, most of which involve recreation.


Like the other morning I was up at 3:45AM to drive up to Berthoud Pass for Dawn Patrol. Bryan, Dave, as well as Stu Gillespie 1 and 2 both started hiking the west ridge around 5:30AM and we were back in town by 10:30 after three laps of skiing. Note: there are two Stu Gillespie's in Boulder...at The University of Colorado...in Law School. Weird.


There is nothing like watching the sunrise at 12,000ft. All is right in the world. And the snow was well worth it.

No comments: