Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving ReCap

I jumped a plane last Monday for the short trip home to Minneapolis, MN for Thanksgiving with my folks. Having some flexible work time gave me a sweet opportunity to spend a week there and I'm super glad I did. My cousins came over to visit. That is Lola and her older Brother Henry Maxwell, yup, that's his name. Awesome.



Then the cooking ensued on Thursday, but only after a morning run around Lake Calhoun with Mom and Sis to get the metabolism going.

The menu this year was based on a Italian Style Thanksgiving, Mille Grazie. The stuffed artichokes were the highlight of the night.

I wanted to stop eating after these, they were the best. But I also made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies so I had to keep eating.


Onto the most important thing that I saw over the week, the "gapper wear" exhibit at the Denver International Airport. The best part was the inability to tell the difference between some of the present fashion trends and the 40 year old jackets.

5 comments:

Sarah :) said...

a new blog... yay! more stuff to read at work. yay! p.s. how did you get that playlist thing on there?

Michael Cody said...

You can run a search for FineTunes and it will bring up the website for the player, you create a big playlist, then add it to your blog template via html.

Anonymous said...

HMM. yes, the HTML part. THAT's what i don't get. haha

k2 said...

i'd like some choc. chip cookies...

megA said...

or at least the batter. . .